Friday, December 2, 2011

Life is good:The wedding part I

Today is the perfect day to AW our wedding. And because it was such a fab set of several events, I'll do it in parts so blogger wont get mad at my extensive post or wall of text.  I am off from work, I spent the morning doing errands, and my landlord has put me in a funk....so to dig myself out of that funk, I will AW the wedding. Now where to start? The engagement party? I think so.

When I was growing up my dad fixed machines for some potato chip company owner. That guy had a breath taking beautiful piece of property. I loved it! I wanted to get married there. But as with any outside venue event, mother nature can be a bitch. Bearing that in mind, momma though perhaps we should give it a test run with an engagement party? Yes, please! The engagement party was Sept 25, 10. (sorry dad, another event on your birthday) Matt and I were so thankful to celebrate with friends and family.

For centerpieces my dad cut birch trees and hollowed out a center and to top it off with more adorableness, burned a heart into the log with our initials in the heart. My mom's friend arraigned some pretty flowers for the tables.  We had a tent in a field, added some linens and a chandelier and ta da prettiness. 
And with out further a do....
Matt and I at our engagement party

The pretty deets. Flowers and wine in rich colors.


Cocktails were served on the awesomeness back deck

Thistle, Lilly's and greens

My best college pals.

Delicious cupcakes with bride and grooms

No comments:

Post a Comment