Saturday, December 3, 2011

Life is good: the wedding part 4 AKA the BIG DAY

Add caption
September 23, 2011 we got married at Skytop Lodge, in Skytop Pa. Again dad, sorry your birthday was overshadowed by another one of your child's plans. 2012 is all yours! It was a stunning wedding if I do say so myself. I loved it! There.is.not.one.thing that I would change about the wedding. Well for the most part. It did rain like a SOB, so good thing we didn't go with the first pretty plan, nonetheless perfect for rainboot pics. Anyway, I knew from the moment I went to a wedding 2 years prior with my friend Ryan that I wanted to get married there. The place was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Matt and I looked at several (well like 5 places, but he would say several) venues. Nothing topped Skytop. It was like a castle on a golf course. They were totally accommodating and made planning stress free. Well on their end anyway.  We went with a color scheme of green, blue, and browns. I had an A line dress and my fav flowers, which were a total surprise, btw.  Blue heels, which I got for Christmas the year before, and gold flats.  We shared the day with so many amazing friends and family. We had a rehearsal dinner the night before, hosted by my IL at Frogtown Inn near Skytop. The food was delicious. The dancing was fun. And getting cake shoved in my face was tasty. I did a baseball theme cocktail hour for Matt and a DIY photobooth, that my mom and her friends worked their ass (or is it ass's??? they don't share the same ass) off on.  My cousin flew in from MN to take pics of us through out the day. She is an amazing photographer and I am so thankful she saved my ass from a flaky photog I originally went with. Could you imagine the horror if that was f ed up? Seriously I don't think I could get over it. Well ok, so I am obviously going to AW pics now but how do I choose? We will be making photo books as gifts for our parents. Well I already did but its 116 redic pages and I figure I should tailor the books towards each side of the family....so I am starting over. without further adoooo....

This is where the magic happened

Rain boots. It rained like a SOB that day. How fitting that our cake topper bride already had on her polk a dot rain boots??? Meant to be, I guess


This one reminds me of those sexy movie scenes. It was taken in a service elevator. I think these will make the canvas prints I plan on putting somewhere in a new house.





Their flowers were seriously stunning. The colors were perfect.

O and I didn't want to leave out this photobooth. Seriously, if you leave a web-cam unattended you never know what you are going to get. They are hysterical. Like laugh out loud, for real. And because I had no idea what was going on, it made it even more funny.

There are the appropriate ones that can be posted. Lets face it, there are tons of inappropriate ones, but we wouldn't have it any other way.
So pretty much that's it for the wedding. Planning and all the parties that went with it were a blast. I (we) are very fortunate for what we had. Without our family and friends this day and all those leading to this day would not have been possible. I am so thankful for each and everyone of you. And for my husband too. 2 days after the wedding we left for our honeymoon aboard carnival cruise line. It was an awesome week of vacation and being spoiled. We did horseback riding, saw some ruins, shopped, kayaked, snorkeled, drank and drank some more. Seriously the whole thing was PERFECT and we could not have asked for anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment