Saturday, December 3, 2011

Learning to cook

So it is my goal to make one new recipe a week for the month of dec. Week 1, so far so good. Matt said he was sick of eating the same stuff all the time. I agree, my variety is pretty sub par. Usu it's baked ziti, tacos, and pizza as the staples. This week I made roasted chicken with mole sauce.

I thought it would be spicy but apparently unsweetened chocolate made it pretty sweet. Weird?!

So how does it go?
1 cup enchilada sauce
1 tbs Salt and pepper each
1 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 cup raisins.
Microwave all that shizzz together for 1-2 min. Toss it in a blender w 1/4 cup H2o and blend.

Cook 1 lb of chicken
1/4 tbs olive oil over med heat.
Season w some salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 min on one side. Pour mole sauce over the chicken and turn to coat.

O btw, the oven should have been pre heating at 400 by now. So take the chicken w the sauce and toss in the oven for 12-14 more minutes.

Additionally the recipe called for a side dish of watercress, oranges, and sliced red onion. But I didn't know what the hell watercress was and I was running out of battery to google in the grocery store. I also knew that matt would side eye any dish with oranges and he hates onions. Knorr broccoli and cheddar pasta side it was. I feel a little shame for cheating with the side but we couldn't have just chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment