Friday, February 3, 2012

Ta da!!! We own a home.

So all the anticipation and stress is over and I can finally post:: we are homeowners. Closing was indeed, jan 31st, 2012. On jan 30, 2012 we got some annoyingly bad news that we would need another 1,000-3,000 in less than 24 hrs in order to make this happen. I really don't know what happened the amounts went up-down-up down all day long. At 9:00 pm the night before we had our total and we had the money.

I was so anxious went we went in for closing. It was weird. I borrowed just as much money for school and didn't bat an eye at it then. This was different, but it went smooth, and it went fast. So without further delay so pics for my sept knotties. Bear in mind they are iPhone pics.

I need to take some of the outside still do I'll edit from a real computer later.
The kitchen rocks! Granite counters, an island/breakfast bar. Those awesome doors that don't slam shut, custom cabinets, and back splash of tiny tiles in brown, tan, and white.

The hardwood is gorgeous and so gleaming. We are going to paint the living room. I was thinking a gray/yellow color pallet. Get a bigger tv and a new media console. Hopefully from pottery barn. And maybe just maybe a sectional. Although I do like the arrangement now. Matt doesn't feel to move the tv on an angle (you drive me nuts) and you can fit the ottoman between the sofa and coffee table.

More to come later!

2 comments:

  1. Love the house! My favorite part is that pull-out cabinet thingie in the kitchen. Is that weird of me? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and nope totally not weird. I saw a suprise pull out on a hinge w some behind it and went bananas.

    ReplyDelete