Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Spare bedroom..done and done on a budget.

So this past week I ventured to Lowes and decided I was going to get started on some painting around here. I couldn't find anything great and then I saw an inspiration board for blue and red without being too red, white, and blue. If that makes sense? I wanted like a preppy modern look, so here is what we went with.

Sparkling lake in eggshell. Kind of like a blue/green.
I painted the room in one night. Pretty impressed with myself and only one minor accident.

Backstory* we have an 8 foot ceiling and I am 5'2. While in lowes I was attempting to figure out if I could use a step stool or a ladder. Here I am standing on a step stool. Raising my arm and hand in the air to account for 8 feet. The guy who worked at lowes thought I had a question and was raising my hand. So I tell him what I am attempting to do and he's like, well why don't I just get you a tape measure? Genius!Then he was standing on the stool trying to measure 8 feet. Not getting the concept that I needed to stand on the stool and he needed to measure 8 from from the ground to see if I could reach from the stool. Duh??? Anyway we figured it was probably doable.

So back to the accident. While taping the damn stool slipped out from underneath me and I rolled my ankle while bashing my arm. Sigh, totally not graceful.

With the walls done I was on the hunt for furniture and accent pieces. We picked red lack tables from Ikea. They are low so I had to make sure the bed is low. Bonus**12.00; Red and Corkish lamps for the side tables 20.00 each and a black bed frame 169.00. Also picked out a canvas print from tj maxx 40.00 in those colors.

All that's left is the final touches. O yea and the last piece of the bed Ikea didn't include. Once we get that I plan on moving in our mattress and some pretty linens, moving in the old Ikea dresser from our bedroom and some curtains. Right now it feels bare so I'm hoping that will finish it off well. After that on to the master...picked up the wallpaper today.
I hated the color as we were painting. The streaking drove me crazy
What we were working with before we started
because who doesnt need a drink when putting together Ikea furniture


again noting but one frame on the wall thus far. I was thinking maybe a mirror centered over the dresser

2 comments:

  1. omg it looks so pretty! And obv the most important opinion (the doggy's =) is a good one!

    I hope that your ankle and arm get better soon though =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm so happy we were able to do it for about $300.00. Hoping a few accent pieces will tie it together.

    ReplyDelete