Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Random

 

So first I want to start out by saying this post will cover multiple topics.

First: How do I make this blog neater? It is driving me insane the way it post pictures and makes the pages look like a total mess. Husband: if you read this, do you have computer skills to fix this problem? Love your OCD wife.

Second: I need to start reading more. I am impressed with how much I have read since we got married. Prior to that I wasn’t really reading anything. I am about 40% through the lucky one and can not wait until the bloggistas book comes out in April. Also, I saw the preview for Hunger Games and now I want to read the book. I don’t know why but I usually have a hard time reading anything too serious. As a matter of fact, I am not sure I ever read anything serious. Perhaps because my job is so Debbie downer (sorry mom, I know you hate that phrase), that I need some ridiculousness reads. 

Third: I made pulled pork for Matt for Valentines day. I am pretty impressed with a- how simple it was, even making my own sauce, and b- that I like it too. Not crazy about bbq pork. I also made lasagna flortine this week. Probably the best Lasagna I have ever made. Plus now that we are moved, I can use all those really great bridal shower gifts and no longer have to cook a lasagna in a circle pie dish. Awesome! Pinterst and Real Simple Mag are pretty handy. Now if only we were home more often. Then I could cook more than 2x per week….if that.

Lastly: I ran outside today. My pace outside sucks. I know they say the treadmill is bad, terrible, awful, for you but I have been using it for so long I forgot how to run outside. It has been too long since the police academy days…those were some outside runs.  Anyway trying to build  up my outside time for the March 5k and also signing up to do one in May with my cousin. Although, she says we are walking. Hey at least I can put it down in the books as 2 5k’s this year.  On the topic of fitness, Matt (while at the bar last night) said he would do tough mudder this Oct. I should sign him up now for no backies. And baby Eli has been here for a little over a week now, the vet weighed him in at 10 lbs. I have a feeling he will be another 5 when he goes back March 1. He loves to eat and I have been reinforcing potty training with treats galore!!!

Well its time to pick up the kindle and power down the computer. Eli is already asleep and I got back to day shift tomorrow. God I am not a morning person. O and I hope to hammer out some painting, master and spare, by the middle of March.  Pics to come!!

1 comment:

  1. Hunger Games are amazing! And not as much a downer as you'd expect... I mean, yes, but also it's got a lot of uplifting moments too.

    Good luck with the website stuff =)

    ReplyDelete