Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Shamrock scramble

I was super excited to find the orange county runners website yesterday. I would love go do a 5k called the shamrock scramble come March. I think it was on my list of 101, so I can cross that off I I complete it.
I asked my friend Chris, since she and I did my first 5k a few years back. This time I.will.run. the entire 5k. It's not that far really.
After not working out the entire week of moving I felt the itch to get back to the gym. That was probably my longest not-going-stint since I started going in dec 2010. Not too shabby!!!

Anyway to prepare for the 5k, I plan on running 6 days a week until the 5k, varying distances. This week I did 4 on the treadmill, a few outside (still need to map bc my computer is down for mapmyrun), and 30 min on the elliptical. I haven't ran outside in forever! I need to work that back in but I love the push from the treadmill.
I can't sustain much over 6 on pavement for very long. 6.6 on the belt. I'm hoping to build up to 5-6 mile a week outside.
Also need to start cross training because I'm getting super bored.

In an attempt to eat better I made this from real simple:

3/4 pasta
1lb ground turkey
2 cups broccoli
Olive oil
S and p to taste
1/2 crushed red pepper
2 cloves garlic.
It Was pretty simple, like they alleged, and only took 20 min. Not full of flavor but something healthy and quick on a weekend. Bonus: I actually cooked it. Pre made meals just have not been satisfying me lately.at.all!

No comments:

Post a Comment