Friday, November 18, 2011

I work out!

Girl look at that body
I-I-I I work out
Girl look at that body
I work out

Sept 2009 I entered the police academy at 157ish and probably got in the best shape of my life. We ran and ran some more. My longest run was almost 9 miles. I could hammer out push ups, sit ups and log a few miles. The DI's used to yell, "I will PT you until you die." It was a psychological game that I totally fell for at the time. At the start I fricken HATED it and come time to graduate I started to like it. Ok maybe like a love hate relationship with it.  I probably only dropped about 10 lbs, 147ish but I looked great and felt good. Well after graduation I entered the rainbow. Its a effed up work schedule where you work all types of shifts over the course of a week. Some days I feel like zombieland and I am just going through the motions of shift work. Sometime after Feb 2010 to Dec 2010, I gained the 10 back and then like 7 more. FOR FUCK SAKE!!! 167. I wanted to cry, stick my finger down my throat, seriously considered anorexia, whatever would make that number go away. Well at any rate I took my ass to the gym. I remember when the treadmill said 5.0 mph and I was dogging it. I felt like I couldn't do it. Like 20 minutes was the end of my life.  That was in December 2010. I got a gym buddy, actually two, and we went to the gym a few times a week. It turned into me time and a 40 min gossip session.  In March Planet Fitness opened and I joined. I am proud to say that I have consistently worked out since it opened 8 months ago. I started seeing the numbers on the scale go down. Like down to pre academy weight and then like post academy weight, but the skinny one, and then like down some more. Its a great feeling. I have a small obsession with the scale. I weigh myself several times a day. Its psycho and bad for your mental health, I know. I have come to the point where I can run at 6-7mph for about 40 min with no problem. This week I have hammered out 14.6 miles and strength trained 3x for a period of 20-30 min. I have moved on to the second to last hole in my duty belt which makes me all smiles. I.will.not.be.a.fat.donut.eating.cop!  I am dying to participate in tough mudder and even get the totally awesome tattoo, which may be tacky but I find it pretty bad ass. I would love love love to do the princess marathon in Disney in a tutu, because that's just hysterical. I want to keep going. I think I may have turned into a runner. And while my magical number has not yet been reached I feel pretty damn good so I'll just have to keep at it. Like 10ish more lbs and then I will maintain and maybe try to have a baby although H says and I quote, "why would you try to loose weight if your just going to get fat from a baby." Really???? And just to put things in perspective.

This was taken at our engagement party Sept 2010. Blissfully happy but so unaware of how much weight I had gained. My bf told me one day, "you are getting fat." Honestly I was hurt by her comment but I knew it was true so in the long run I am thankful for how outspoken she is. haha  And how come you never notice until its too late?


Bach party June 2011. Just 9 months later and 17ish lbs less. Same fricken dress, much better fit now. And my arms look smaller! and I think my boobs do too? I do wanna say though, if when I have a baby, since that was apparently just 9 months prior to this pic, if I am looking like the chick above I will be elated. However vain or weight obsessed I may be, I have to say that honestly its about being strong and healthy and those last 10lbs. haha Seriously tho, I must do a tough mudder and get that bad ass tat in 2012 before getting ku!

No comments:

Post a Comment