Sunday, November 13, 2011

Can't hardly wait

Remember that movie from the 90's. Well this has nothing to do with that. So last week, after feeling defeated after learning I could not afford a house with $7, 700.00 in taxes, I took a few days off from hunting. I knew a person selling their house privately and decided to check it out. It was OK. A decent size but nothing I was crazy about. The day before I stumbled on one that I thought could be worth while. I hap hazardly called the listing agent as mine was out of town. Turns out I work with his son-in-law (who once saved my life, more on that some other time). At any rate he was more than willing to show us the house on such sort notice. After we checked out the first, we headed over to the second. We took a tour and decided this is IT! Finally after almost 2 years of perusing the Internet and physically looking at a few houses, we decided to put in an offer. The following day, it was accepted!!!

I can not describe how excited I am and I cant keep it to myself although, part of me feels like blogging about the perspective purchase is bad luck. We still have to have an inspection, which is this Saturday and then move to contract. Closing can be a headache but we are looking at 30-60 days to close. I would love love love to host Christmas, but I was already told no way not this year....we will still be unpacking blah blah blah, but he is right! Still I can't wait to break out Christmas lights and Christmas candles and bake an apple pie. OK, I don't know how to bake a pie, but I do have a pie dish and would like to give it a try. I do however have pretty red champagne glasses that I would be elated to use on New Years Eve in a new house. So this inspection is at the end of the week. Speaking of champagne glasses.....
Friday was Veterans Day, my BF and I had a mimosa breakfast (with some food too) and then headed to the spa. Woodlock spa is A.Maz.Ing. Melissa and I have been there a few times and love going for some downtime. She was originally getting married that day but then plans changed, we both had off already, so what better way to spend the day. Woodloch has steam rooms, hot tubs, and pools...then you go for your treatment and when your done you can use the spa again. God I wish we could go monthly!
Sunday morning I got a package. I participated in a food swap with some other Sept brides from the knot. It was so cool getting a package from someone you don't even know. The details were a 20.00 spending limit and something particular to the area where you live. My package came from Chesapeake, Va and had some awesome goodies. Also the bride is 1/4 Japanese, so we got some delicious Japanese products as well. I can't wait until my Ca Sept bride gets here package all the way from NY. I wish I could have sent her a pizza and some bagels but how does one ship a pizza? And the food had to be sealed, so no creepers could poison you. : (
So with 2 exciting this down this week, we look forward to 3 more. The first is the tentative arrival of our wedding pics. My cousin flew in and saved the day basically, more on that later, all the way from MN. I am so looking forward to seeing her awesome work. Second the home inspection. If there is a God in the world, please dont let his house be a shanty in disguise!!! And third a trip to Atlantic City to celebrate my aunt's birthday with my mom, aunts and cousins. Keep ya posted. Maybe I'll win big or just big enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment