Saturday, December 8, 2012

Wow 30 weeks today! 10 to go : )

November was so busy. I can't believe I am in third tri and there are only ten weeks to go. Obviously, I want to make it full time and I'm still comfortable but I can.not.wait! Seriously I wish I could snap my fingers and have a baby here. We had two showers in November. One was thrown by my mother in law and the other by my mother. The first was in jersey and my mom made the trip with me since Matt had to work. Mil did a tea theme complete with scones and tea sandwiches. She also gave me Matt's grandmother's vintage tea cup. It's so pretty but I am terrified of breaking it. It will likely sit high up on the shelf. We got a ton of great stuff from the shower and it was so nice to share it with Matt's side of the family. Sadly I was caught up in the moment and didn't get to take pics. My SIL took some, so I'm hoping she will send them soon.

The next shower was thrown by my mom. We had it at the Erie and the food was amazing. They really out did themselves with a brunch style menu and mimosa fountain. Mom did a story book theme. We have so many books to read to Liam I can't wait. She used adorable bed linens as table cloths, topped the table with a pillow, and made centerpieces balloons, stuffed animals, and paper lanterns made from books. The cake was the same baker we have been using for the past couple of months. It was her best one yet. So yummy. Mom also made cupcakes and used cotton candy to represent thing one and two hair. Matt was able to come to this one. I was surprised but giddy that he wanted to be there. Shocked me. We got so much stuff, honestly there isn't much more we need. Both sets of grandparents helped with the nursery. Matt's parents bought the dresser and mine bought the crib. We are so lucky and so is Liam. I am thrilled and so thankful my college roommates were able to make the trip! My good friend Jessica from second grade attended. Her mom made an adorable quilt for the baby. My BF Melissa, friends, family and favorite cousin. The only person missing was my sister. Sadly our grandfather passed away the week before, so Ash came home to attend services. I wish she could have been there but I'm glad she was there for grandpa's funeral and I actually got to spend more time with her under those circumstances.























No comments:

Post a Comment