Saturday, October 6, 2012

Half baked.



20 weeks and counting. We had a gender reveal party this past weekend. It was such a good time. My mom came up with a bee theme from Amy Atlas's book and Pinterest and we went to town with it. On Thursday we went for an elective ultrasound, because we originally thought that Matt would miss both the doctor appt and the party. Turns out he was able to make the party but not the appt.

Anywho, 2 days early we knew were were team blue. We both had a feeling it would be a boy. It was so hard not to tell anyone until that night...well we did tell 2 people. My sister and Matt's best friend. Neither of which would be there or see anyone between now and then. So it was safe.

In keeping with the bee theme, I made a banner from her cricket machine. Which to my surprise wasn't nearly as complicated as I thought. The banner said, "what will it bee?" Mom did yellow favor bags w honey cough drops, Yankee candle wax tarts and homemade honey.

We did a photo booth with a yellow fabric for a background and guest picked a prop to take a picture of their guess. Lips or a mustache.

I found two bakers. One did a bee cupcake and the baker filled the cupcake with blue filling. A local friend of my mom's made the bee theme cake. We served Tennessee honey cocktails and for a non alcoholic drink it was honey pomegranate iced tea. Matt and I counted to three and they bit in. My cousin Brooke ripped into it and shouted "I knew it was a boy!" My poor dad was just eating the top of the cupcake, despite explaining it to him, and he was all, "wait how do you know?" Poor dad. Mom was shocked too. Two grandsons! I know she was rooting for a girl, maybe next time mom. Matt's mom cried, happy tears of course...I think : ) I'm really happy we had the gender reveal party to share with our family. Matt and I thank everyone for the love and support. So baby smith will bee Team Blue!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, team blue! What a great theme for the party.

    And your dad cracks me up. :)

    ReplyDelete