Wednesday, January 16, 2013

30 days away!

I can't believe there are 30 days left. That's it. 30 days! The nursery is totally done and I am so pleased with it. Since it's finally done I can post about all the work. I painted the room dove gray, outlined a 6 inch stripe, and painted that a green. For the life of me I can't remember the green paint color. I saw an adorable whale wallpaper pattern online but the cost was outrageous. My wallpaper skills aren't that great so I didn't want to make a costly mistake. After months of searching I found a similar decal online. Sadly they only came in 2*3's so I had to configure things a bit. I thought I would decal the one wall behind the crib, but only the portion above the green stripe. With that decision I ordered eight decals.

Herein lies problem number two. There is this weird soffit thing in the room making the wall surface bulge out a bit. Any attempt to decal or wallpaper that would be torture. I decided to make do and found a shelf that took up eleven of the fourteen inches this thing was interfering with. The shelf is from Ikea with several shelves on it, which is perfect since there isn't a closet. I actually purchased another shelf but its too wide so it didn't make the cut.

I found whale book slings from etsy to make use of the floor space since the room is so tiny. The slings are up and the books are in it. I finally made a decision on the glider and I am so excited to rock baby boy in it. We got a babyletto upholstered rocker and it's so pretty. Better yet, I plan to move it to the living room once baby is old enough and needs more space.

Matt put together the crib and dresser. Other than hanging some adorable Chinese lanterns that my mom made from my shower and a whale mobile over the dresser, the room is done. Baby Liam you can come now!

















1 comment: